Friday, March 21, 2008

Once a month whether you like it or not....

Maybe this blog is like a menstrual cycle, a once a month purge??
I don't even know where to start.
My life has been so insanely busy that it is ridiculous. I don't know how people do this pace and enjoy it and succumb to it as normalcy. If it weren't for meds, I would have lost my flippin' mind. Working 4-5 days a week and having kids activities every night and most of the weekends has pretty much used up every single spare moment I have, and left me no time for cleaning or organizing or maintaining friendships, and certainly not for blogging. I have been reduced to reading them sporadically and not even having time to comment. Sad, really.
And because I'm a fucking sucker for punishment, I decided two weeks ago to paint my family room, which is an entire floor of the house. Yeah. Two weeks later, and I am pretty much done finally. I chose colors that are not in fashion, but are colors I love. Rox made me promise to take a before pic and I said I would, and then I promptly neglected to do so. However, I chose a deep rusty red for two walls, a golden ochre color for three walls, and a deep olive green for two. That's a lot of friggin walls if you ask me. I love it, but it is a lot darker and I need some more lighting in the space to warm it up the way I really want it.
Hockey is done now, as of yesterday. So is skating, and gymnastics, and we now have one more week of swimming and then it's all free and clear until soccer starts in May, so I will love the much needed break. Spring is trying to spring here, but every few days we get more cold and a bit of snow and then it all warms right up again, so I can't complain. I feel the fever starting, and I like it.
I also applied for a couple of new jobs, with the hope of less days of work and more money. We'll see. It would be a bit more challenging, which would be a refreshing yet scary change. Since I had my kids, I've taken fairly fluffy, simple, low stress jobs, and it was fine, but now I'm bored and frustrated with my work, and I want more. We'll see if it all pans out. If not, I may just take the summer off altogether and get some shit done around home. And relax, drink beer, and eat bonbons of course. Oh, and watch my kids fight and wish I had a job to go to so I could have a break from it all-haha.
Oh and I had a fucking root canal this week too. That was F-U-N. Sitting for three hours with your jaw cranked open and full of hardware. Good times. And my cracked tooth is still bothering me, which I don't get. If the root is gone, I thought it wasn't supposed to hurt anymore, isn't that the whole goddamn point?? So yeah, $2000 later and another appointment to go and another $300-$400 and I better be able to chew on the right side of my mouth after this. Fuck. Me no like. And I'm not even dentist phobic or anything. Imagine if I was, they would have to knock me out for that bullshit, let me tell ya.
My dog had her first haircut a while back and I didn't even have time to post the pics I took. She is so damn cute. We passed our puppy school class which was good cuz it was a little touch and go there, I thought. I was having a little moment about the shame of failing puppy school so I have to admit I was relieved when she did her stuff well and listened. Have I mentioned I love her?? Cuz I do. I had no idea I would love her so.
And that said, I have to corral some other little people, one of whom I love, and send my son and his friend to bed, cuz you KNOW they'll be up at the f-in crack of dawn even though they are up late, cuz that's the shit they do on weekends when there's no school and they should be tired and sleeping in. Remind me of the complaining when he's 14 and all he wants to do is sleep. I promised pancakes for breakfast so I should get my own crusty old ass to bed too.
Ciao for now, peeps. If anyone is still even out there that is.

3 comments:

Patricia said...

I'm out here and I've missed you! Your painting job sounds amazing, I would love to see pictures. At first, I was like... wait, that's way too many walls! So now I have to see it to understand but it sounds gorgeous.

Root canals, ugh. Paying all that money for torture is kinda sick, huh?

Good luck with the job hunt and I hope you pop in here whenever you can, I always like to read about your world :)

Rox said...

I knew you were busy so I've avoided you, I didn't want to cause any guilt if I was all being a stellar friend, making videos and sending charming emails. All that would do is make you feel less than you are, so I really did it for you.

It had nothing to do with the fact that I've totally been losing my hormonal mind.

I'm glad Casey passed! See? You worry too much! I can't wait to see the walls, they sound fashionable enough to me! I'm still in tiling phase, although I'm making zero progress. I have spring cleaned a bit though, so that's refreshing.

I miss you. Oh and I found a Hinton connection who can find us the best hotel, etc. I'll keep you posted!

tornwordo said...

Those colors sound nice. And I understand the pooch as love magnificator. Write when you can, we're all still around.