Sunday, October 5, 2008

Wow, I finally figured out how to log back into this stupid thing. I guess it's like any neglected relationship, it's hard to get back in. I had to reset my password yet again just to log in.
Things are new, and things are old.
I have a wild story to tell, but I won't because it's long and self involved. Suffice it to say, I have suffered some major sexual discrimination, not to mention backhanded lowballing, at my place of work and resigned my position on Friday in a major shitstorm. It was far from pretty. I left my job under the worst of circumstances and I rose my voice and shed tears while I did it, so I feel regretful and justified all at the same time. Thing is, I know I'll find another likely better job, and I know that they were foolish to treat me poorly and all will be good in the end, so whatever, but it bothers me that I let my emotions dictate my behaviour and I was unable to contain myself.
I wish I were more cool, calm, and collected, but I'm not. Whatever.
I went out with some girls tonight for a few drinks and munchies and it was a good time. Came home before I got too inebriated and wanted to dance all night, (as I am known to do), and decided to post, since I do it so often and all. haha.
I am going to be a bit footloose and fancy free the next little while here, so we'll see if I can find some interesting and constructive ways to pass the time.....I'll try to keep you posted.....

4 comments:

Rox said...

I was reading that WAY too fast because I read "I have suffered some major sexual dysfunction..."

Yeah.

Hookt on fonix workd for me.

I still think it was awesome of you to stand up for yourself and assert yourself that way. It must be the 40 thing making you all fearless and fabulous!

Are Sally's boobs real?

tornwordo said...

And I thought you were running a recycling business. Yes, you've neglected updating for too long.

Patricia said...

I'm sorry that you had to deal with the crap. And I totally get wanting to be led by emotions less. But it's who you (we) are, so hey, the world will have to deal. You've been missed.

Thank you for the warm and kind comments. Hugs.

Anonymous said...

I read it as sexual dysfunction too. Well, thank God it's not *that*! I'm sorry for the drama though, drama sucks. From what I read, you may not be calm cool and collected, but you are good at communicating and fair minded. It's their loss.

I know! Just start blogging all your dancing on the table adventures and sell blogads.