Friday, July 13, 2007

Fake Plastic Trees (I need some!)

Hey babieeeees! It is Friday, and it is hotter than a sonofabitch here. When you are a wimpy Canadian who is used to 8 months of shitass weather all year, it's hard not to feel a bit of pain when the dry hot arrives. Mama's melting. I need me some trees in the yard for shade, a keg of Coors Light, and several good books to read. Oh, and maybe that smokin' gorgeous outdoor daybed I saw at Costco yesterday. I was salivating. Seriously. It was pimped.

My much awaited Costco trip was not what I had hoped for. Alas and alack, I spent the entire day in the city shopping and was finishing up with an hour of shopping every aisle only to have my full grocery cart removed whilst I took my children to the bathroom. Gone. Fucking disappeared. I was so pissed I was sputtering and fuming, and I fed the kids a hotdog, lodged my complaint, got my $25 voucher for my pain and suffering, and hit the fucking road empty handed. Go figure. It wasn't my most shining moment in the spectrum of my psychosis, but what's the mother of the endlessly whining 8 year old boy to do? But fucking lose it that is. All is not lost, we are better now. Next time I go it alone. Don't know what I was thinking anyways to be completely honest. Once, not twice. Right?

I burned my little buddy the Chunkster some cd's last night and I'm test listening to one of them right now. Fuck, Radiohead is the SHIT! This cd, The Bends, is pure beauty. It gives me chills even after listening to it for years and years now. They are gorgeous, absolutely and undeniably. So spectacular in concert too. Makes my heart feel elevated and full. I love music, could NOT live without it, all kinds, all sounds. It is sustenance, like food and drink.

Signed up another client today, two new ones last week, so I am a happy little recycling camper here. It is coming along nicely and makes me feel so good to be doing. Why didn't I think of this sooner?? I am not a business person, I provide the passion, thank you very much. That's why I need a partner:) I get anxious with too many details to think about.

Everyone please try to remember what a great life you have today. Some of the people around you are lonely and stressed and over extended, and may need a hand extended. Always count your blessings, in amongst all the shit that goes on day to day. I hate to sound like the egomaniacal O person, but remember to be grateful. It is so integral to feeling peaceful at points in your day.

Sending love out to all. Have a relaxing time this weekend, take it for yourself.

6 comments:

Chunks said...

I'm fucking sweating! Get recycling people because the Canadians can't handle the fucking Global Warming!!!!!!! It's so fucking hot here there is steam rising from my bra.

I can't wait for the new tunes! I've burned you some Winehouse, Mayer and something else, and have yet to test them. Or send them. It's too hot.

The Costco thing is a fucking nightmare! I've never heard of them doing that. Of course, you know with my aversion to public toilets, I would have held it (and made them hold it) until I was home! LOL! I'm an uber toilet nazi. Oh fuck it's hot.

How many freezies can you have before you go into a diabetic coma?

r said...

Cut your heat whining you two. Sheesh, what babies.

(heh, wait until it hits here, I'm a puddle of whinage then).

I burned Torn six different mixed CD's and they're in his missing luggage. Argh! But that is the wonder of the computer age... if they're gone, I can just burn them again!

Stay cool you guys.

tornwordo said...

They took away the toilets at Costco? That's just ridiculous! I don't think I've ever gone without needing the old WC.

Patricia said...

what a sweet post. i wish i'd seen it before the weekend, but alas i'm coming late to the party once again.

i can. not. imagine. having my cart taken away during a simple bathroom break.

gratitude indeed. such a wonderful reminder, i can never hear it too often.

Anonymous said...

Man. Costco got off easy with giving you $25. Did they see the simmering crazed look that I know must have been in your eyes?

Your comments are making me laugh. Torn thinks they did away with the bathrooms at costco. That is because he is a guest stand in parent. And Rox is fucking hot!

I will remember your suggestion about gratitude too. It should help my shitty attitude. Thank you.

Maybe I will listen to some Radiohead in your honor. Not until I get the fuck out of that stinking school (that I'm totally grateful for and that is true!) though.

r said...

So lady... you've been gone a week. where are you?