Wednesday, July 25, 2007

I'm Ready

Hey there, ho there. My house is clean, my fridge is stocked, the kids are at a friend's, and I am finishing up some laundry in preparation for the return of my darling husband and his mother. I think I'm ready. No PMS to navigate either, that's all out of the way. Dare I say I feel good? I feel ready anyways.

My business partner and friend, W, and I are taking all the kids to a water park in the city tomorrow for the day, so we will be leaving hubby and MIL here to do as they wish, and hopefully that will work out nicely for all involved. Then on Friday, I am heading up the highway three hours north to go see the little baby girl puppy that is soon to be mine. I plan on taking lots of pictures!! I will make a pit stop on the way back to see an old friend and maybe a sister or two and make an entire day of it. So that's two days of avoidance, pretty good, eh? haha. After that, all bets are off. :@

I took some pics of the new bedding, now I just have to get them from the camera to here, that should take a little help from my darling hubby and then I'll have it all sorted. Give me time, I'll be all technical yet. Well, maybe not "ALL", but a little bit. Let's not push it here. I wouldn't want anyone having any grand expectations of me or anything, cuz then I'd be sure to disappoint. It's a hobby, really. At least from time to time it is.

Today was recycling day, and W did it all again this week while I did children duty. Next week I go again, and I have to say, I really enjoy going out on my own and having the solitude and the hard work combined. It is entirely refreshing and rejuvenating for me. No one talking to me for almost three hours, it's therapeutic. I never realized until recently how much I crave aloneness. I just needed to embrace my antisocial tendencies I guess. It's all good. It's who I am. Problem is, the more I have, the more I want. I'm beginning to understand those people who go live in the mountains all alone and live off the land. I would want someone else there, but not someone too demanding or needy. haha.

So wish me luck this week, I'll be back, hopefully with tales of success and fortitude. Or something close to it anyways.

Ciao.

5 comments:

Chunks said...

Why do you think I want to be here in the boondocks surrounded by dogs? Um, they don't TALK! LOL!

Breathe in. Breathe out. It is what it is.

Are you stopping to see LB? Did you call her? She is back from NY eh? Say hi from me. I hope you have fun with the new puppy and the solitude. Bring John Mayer, he's good company on a road trip. Some Wide Mouth too.

I can't wait until you learn the ins and outs of photo uploading. You will be a techie in no time!! Nerds of the world unite! I can't wait to see the new blankies.

I'll miss you while you are in MIL limbo.

Anonymous said...

Ooh, it all sounds good. Two days of avoidance is a fabulous gift from you to you. Yay. I'm hoping for a good visit for you.

Puppy pics!

If it gets ugly with the MIL, slip off and post something about it and I'll send you some Reiki. Ask Rox, I sent it to her once. It's good stuff.

I dig the solitude too. I used to wish I was a monk. Yeah, that's how weird I am, I never even thought about being a nun, nope, a monk. It all seemed so peaceful and nice. Well, except for all the dogma...

r said...

It's avoidance, but fun avoidance, no?

One of the few bonuses of being single is only having to deal with one set of family members.

Good luck!

tornwordo said...

I want to run away and live in the hills. Sending lots of positive energy mixed with warm fuzzies your way!

t2ed said...

In laws are why they invented alcohol.