Thursday, September 20, 2007

A week of Thursday's please.

AAAAHHHHH. No work today, no children, the dog is sleeping, what more is there to life I ask? I was going to go to the gym but ended up chatting at the school with a couple of moms and then I was too late, oh well. I went to a yoga class yesterday and it was really good! My muscles are feeling it today. I like it when they hurt but not so bad that you can't walk or do stairs.

I feel better. The interesting thing to me is that it's not as if my moods are dulled or I feel flat or anything, which I was worried about. It just helps me keep things in better perspective, and not fly off the cliff when things go a bit south. I like that. A lot. I will stay on it for a few months and see over the course if it really makes a difference during the pms times as well. It is making me tired though but I am hoping that will ease off a bit as I get more used to it. I see the doc at noon today to see how it's all going so far.

Tomorrow there's no school so I think I will just take this day and enjoy it thoroughly. I have so much cleaning and crap to do, but it's not like it's going anywhere so I think I'll consider that tomorrow instead.

I was supposed to go on a wine tour at the end of the month with my sister and some of her old bitty friends but I backed out. I am now planning a personal retreat for myself which will involve driving, picture taking, drawing, reading, and sleeping. Oh and maybe some eating, haha. I want to keep it as unplanned as possible, and allow myself to relax into the flexibility of the whole thing. Wish me luck with that, as I tend to be a planner and then ruin it for myself with worrying about details. Silliness. As long as I can find a room to sleep in, it's all good.

I wish I could package the quiet of my house right now, and open it up when I need some. Maybe that's what meditation is for....... . I should try that. I would need some zen music for that I suppose. Yikes, I'm getting all new agey here, it's freaking me out. haha.

Here's wishing you all a week of Thursdays like this one.

8 comments:

Patricia said...

it sounds like you feel more like YOU and that's a great thing! i think you're right about the side effects, they'll probably ease up at bit as you adjust to it. enjoy your peaceful day and kiss that puppy for me!! but not if she's just eaten any poo.

tornwordo said...

Wow, you are brave to do the unplanned retreat. I don't think I could cope if it wasn't planned. Serge always laughs too because I can never sleep the night before a trip. I worry about all the details and "what ifs" instead. Like you said, silliness. Good luck with that!

Anonymous said...

OMG, that trip sounds like heaven! I took a retreat trip with a friend once, it was amazing. We walked and read and wrote ... oh Devo, I'm sending positive energy to your trip. Frightfully new agey. I hope you don't mind.

Chunks said...

You are sounding so perky lately, just like the old Devo I know and love!! (Well, I liked the other one too!)

Sigh. I so wish that the road you take could lead you here to the acreage. I would cut down a dead tree and build us a bonfire and we could tell scary stories to my children about creepy guys in pleather pants!!

Hahahahhahahahah!

I love you!

JT said...

hey, go see our favorite chunks... or pick her up and take her for like a day - baby steps, like. So, instead of a Duran Duran poopfest, take her not so far, to Vegreville or something for the night. Come on, do it... and broadcast the whole night for us!
Boogie on, reggae woman!

anabel said...

I can relate to that satisfaction when the muscles are a bit sore.

Hope you have a great trip and I'm glad things have settled down a bit.

I'll be gratful when I can say the same.

Anonymous said...

Dear Devo, you are so totally a blogger. You are just a blogger who updates once a week. I love reading what you have written though, so I hope you keep going.

I have this one tiny thing to say though, and that is that I have been thinking about your fab weekend all weekend and now it's Tuesday and I Need To Know How It Went. Because I had such hopes for you, see? And because I might have such a chance this weekend too.

Blog when you can. Love,

M

Jenny said...

Wow, a retreat all by yourself! That's simply incredible!!! It sounds like you had a blast!!!