Friday, April 6, 2007

Au revoir!

I am off tomorrow, leaving this snow laden shithole for greener and hopefully warmer pastures!! Well I guess my home is not a shithole so to speak, but it is definitely covered in snow and has a cold bitter north wind blowing through it day and night. Did I mention how tired I am of it being winter? Yeah.

It is spring/Easter break here now, so no school for the next week. We are heading to the bible fondler's in Creston, BC for the 1st leg of the trip, and then onward to the Vancouver area for the rest of the week. It will be very busy, trying to cram in visits with several different groups of people, but I am really looking forward to a roadtrip and some fun and adventure in my life. The kids are excited to go see everyone and my mom always plans a lot of fun for them when we go to Creston! It is such a lovely little sleepy town nestled in the Kootenays with little fruit orchards and local artists and antique shops everywhere, so I really enjoy it when we go. The weather there is always so much nicer than here too. I may not want to return home again.

I got the rest of my painting completed so now I will take a break before I continue on the family room level. It is already looking so much better that it motivates me to carry on. I am not very technical so I really have no idea how to post or link anything yet, otherwise I would have put pics up for Jenny. I chose a warm deep brown for three smaller walls in the kitchen, it is called Truffle Oil from Crappy Tire, and then the other one I chose for the large vaulted ceiling wall that is shared with the front living room was Sandust from Home Hardware's Beautitone line. It came out very nicely. I am switching to Home hardware for my needs as the customer service there truly puts the Crappy Tire to shame. They suck, truly they do, at least here in my small town they do.

I have been getting my last online fix before I disappear for the next week. I am going to be so busy catching up on everyone when I get back! In the meantime, I wish you all a wonderful Easter weekend, regardless of what it means or doesn't mean to you. May peace and happiness be with you and your loved ones!!!

Devo

6 comments:

Jenny said...

I actually have picked up a Truffle Oil paint swatch. What a great choice!
Have fun on your getaway!

Chunks said...

I miss you. I can't wait until both our painting requirements have been met and we can get back to the business of video emails and long phone calls.

I hope you have/had an awesome time with "The Fogeys" (remember when they called themselves that and they were our age now?!) Anyway, don't forget to come back. I love you and can't wait to hear all your stories about life in the fastlane!

JT said...

Creston?? Isn't that right next to whatchamacallit - the polygymy town?? A woman I know escaped from there, wrote a book (that Chunks didn't like and couldn't read) and is now a national spokesperson against the whole cult. Anyway, isnt it right next to Creston? Bountiful? wth is it called?
Hope your trip was fun.

Chunks said...

When are you coming home damnit?!

I did try to read JT's friends' book and it was a tough read for me, but I am borderline illiterate so what can you say about that?! Yes, it's Bountiful!

JT said...

yes, bountiful. I get confused with the movie A trip to bountiful, which made me cry when i saw it the first time, but i dunno, i might have been sort of high when i watched it.
man, those bountiful people are fucked. welcome home Devony bevony.
the word verification is "woovy" - isn't that cooler than "Groovy"?
Devo, you are so woovy, it hurts.

JT said...

oh and chunks, that woman isn't my friend, per se. She's someone i sort of know, and she's sort of a lesbian now, and she always sort of hugs me when she sees me but i honestly don't know if she remembers my name... you know, one of those weird situation things.
p.s. the word verification is "ayyjeml" - reminds me of some drug commerical, like "don't take ayyjeml if you are taking other hallucinogenics or mushrooms that may make you think small toads are talking to you under the bed"