Friday, April 20, 2007

GOODBYE WINTER?????

In true Alberta form, we are fully ensconced in wet, heavy, slushy snow! No more sunshine for this cat! It's been falling for a couple of days now and I feel a bit grumpy about it, I have to say. Maybe even a lot grumpy. HUMPH! I had to call in and let the school know we would be coming later as it had drifted all up my drive and was pure ice underneath first thing this morning. There were cars stuck everywhere so we hunkered down until 10 and then I shovelled it all and by then the roads were fine. That shit is heavy, dudes! I couldn't envision everyone stuck here all day together when in my mind it was a school and work day for everyone, so I am relieved that they are all out, except my lovely husband, who is downstairs killing people on his video game. Not that I am accomplishing sweet fuck all, but whatever. I am puttering, which is nice in its way.

So that is my life today, and I await some sunshine with a worm on my tongue, with my tongue in my cheek, with my wit in the toilet, all of the above. Maybe I should go make some snow angels or something. But I just did my hair so I can't. If you knew my hair, you would understand. Going now, this is ridiculous. I take comfort in the sad knowledge that most of you are covered in a snow drift as well, isn't that cheerful of me? ha.

Devo

5 comments:

tornwordo said...

We've got 20 degrees! The only snow left are the giant mountains of it that were piled up in parking lots last Monday. Can't believe it snowed until Tuesday and now it's 20. I'm going outside now.

Chunks said...

I hate this time of the year for what it does to my hair. There is nothing worse than looking like a pube head! hahah!

I want the sun to shine. SHINE DAMNIT!!

r said...

Oh Devo... I can hear your voice as you are writing. Thank goodness you finally started your blog (sorry I took so long to get over here).

I can only imagine the laughter when you and Roxanne get together.

Chunks said...

I love that you figured out how to put your picture on there! Pretty soon you will be linky-looing and vlogging and all that jazz! Fabu!

Anonymous said...

I feel your pain sisterfriend.. I am about done with winter.. Thankfully the tides appear to be turning hopefully for good..
atleast for the summer..

Margs