Monday, May 21, 2007

Bewitched, bothered and bewildered...

I know it's supposed to rain on the May long weekend, it's like some sort of unspoken rule, maybe even snow if we're really lucky;), but it made me feel a bit blah and melancholy this weekend. I had me some plans, and they went solidly awry. They involved outdoor activity, digging in the dirt, sprinklers spraying, sunlight bearing down on my shoulders and the like. None of the above came to pass. Rain, rain, rain, and some wind just to make it all the more special. Oh pooh, I say.

A big fat solid smelly one actually. That was for Chunks and Torn. heehee.

I know there are other lovely weekends to come, but I was wanting an escape from the indoor chores which I have been successfully skirting for the past month or so, and so then I was forced to just admit that I am a lazy ass and feel pissed at myself for continuing to avoid with no real great excuse, damn it all to hell! Sometimes I don't like to face the truth, I am a slacker at times. I wander around my house dreaming up things to do so I can avoid washing my floors or cleaning toilets, but at some point, mama's gotta get to it. I know this, but it just seems more practical to do it when none of the messy monsters otherwise known as my family are around to mess it up again in 5 god damn minutes! However, when they are gone, I just want to bask in the serenity and me time and I continue to talk myself out of these nasty chores. I needs me a housekeeper or something.

I followed Chunks' advice and gave my son a humorous booklet about him that I wrote up, complete with slightly nasty illustrations and the odd nasty joke, and it was fun, the whole aftermath of that. Not a lot was said, but the point was definitely well made and well taken. She is one smart mama that little friend of mine! Have I mentioned that I love her?!?:)

Anyways, I'm not sure what has me bewitched, but I am definitely bothered and a bit bewildered. Ella is quite bewitching, so I guess the song itself can be enough.....

My weekend was very nice, just not quite what I had in mind, and I don't do well with change:o
haha. Hope all you cats had a Purrrfect one.

3 comments:

Chunks said...

You are so funny with your lofty goals of a clean house and a happy family! hahah! face it honey, we live with crumbs, and I ain't just talking about the ones on the counter! hahah!

I am feeling your pain. I wish Darin would take the kids away for three days so I could accomplish some goals my own self!! Poo indeed!

tornwordo said...

I'm an expert at skirting chores. What's the point when the dog will just shed another pound of hair in the next hour?

Patricia said...

it's amazing how long i can procrastinate on a few particular chores. it seems i just put blinders on and go into denial about it until one day i see it for what seems like the first time and i scream and feel disgusted that i could live with an inch of dust or a ring in the toilet. eww, i'm airing my dirty everything. sorry. confession is good for the soul and all that jazz, right? here's hoping we both get motivated soon.