Monday, May 14, 2007

People are strange....

Fuck are they ever! Including myself. I know I know, I have been away for ever, what with the starting the business and the massive hormonal ragings of middle life. I have been unfit for human consumption. Stressing, crying, yelling, ranting, laughing, crying some more, you ladies know the drill, and let me tell you, it is something I could truly do without. The past few years I seriously wish to crawl out of my skin and discard the whole lot, and it just seems to get worse and worse. Me needs me some good drugs! And likely more sleep but that is a whole other story.

My oldest child turned 8 this week. The year he was born it was Mother's Day on his birthday, so he was my first ever Mother's Day gift. His Mother's Day gift to me this year depicted me as an evil monster who yells at him all the time and is only happy when he is in his room, so that made me feel quite shitty. I peeked at it ahead of time and cried my eyes out all that night. When he gave it to me on Sunday morning he was laughing saying it was only meant as a joke, so I think I might take Chunks' advice and do up a little book of my own about him as a joke. heehee. Why is being a mom so hard sometimes? Considering my mood all week, I guess you can't blame the kid.

Yesterday afternoon was his kid's party. He invited 12 kids in total, 2 parents called to confirm! Several of the other kids told him they were coming, so I got all the stuff and was all set to do this t shirt painting goody bag project thing. 3 kids showed up. Is it just me, or is that just beyond fucking rude? Who ARE these people? What is wrong with them? Last year the same thing happened, and I was dismayed. I have never seen such rudeness on that scale before any of the places we've lived and had parties for our kids. Lots of people say it's the town, that it's really cliquey, and I know that it is, but the boys actually seem worse than the girls here. It's not as if they aren't his friends and he's just hoping, they play and hang out at school and they invited him to their birthdays and all that, so what the FUCK???? I think it's the parents who are super cliquey and just basically FUCKTARDS! I am pissed, can you tell? People are such assholes it is beyond me. I know people are busy and it was mom's day and all that, but as if they can't find the time to make a 5 min call. Not the way I conduct my life. Basic manners people. I feel bad for my son, he keeps saying how he feels sad about it. I felt my heart tugging when I dropped him off this morning.

Anyhoo, the business is starting up nicely and we have a few clients already so that is exciting. The weather is beautiful and the grass is green, the buds are coming out, and some of the more green thumb people's tulips are open, so spring has officially sprung! I put a deposit down on a puppy a while ago and we will get her sometime in August so I am waiting!!!!! I am third in line for a little female schnoodle (schnauzer/poodle cross), they are just so darn sweet and smart and small, and I am really looking forward to a new baby that isn't really a baby.

So a Happy Belated Mother's Day to all you Moms out there and I hope everyone was treated divinely and lovingly by those they give so much of themselves to on a daily basis. You deserve it all you mommas!

Have a nice day!

8 comments:

Chunks said...

He GAVE it to you?! Oh wow, you really do need to make him one, just a joke of course! :)

Next year for Boy's birthday, you should have just a few kids and take them to the city to go play laser tag or something, that way he can have fun with some real friends. That would piss me off too, the non-RSVP-ers. Like WTF do they think RSVP means?

Rednecks.

Ooooh you reminded me that my tulips might be open this morning, I should go check them!

I hope the rest of your Mother's Day was good. I hope you got to sleep in a little more than I did, goddamnit! Stupid sisters anyway. I love you! And don't feel bad about being a perimenopausal spaz. Your kids aren't even teenagers yet, but I say get your digs in while you can LOL!!! hahaha! OH maybe I should write a book! *snort*

Jenny said...

I can't stand people who don't RSVP for parties. My middle son one year invited 11 kids and we had 4 show up. I had the goody bags all set up. Thankfully with the brothers there were 6 kids there.
As far as the perimeno crapausal stuff...I'm totally there!!!
I hope you're enjoying your day today.

r said...

I am so with you.

People are freaks everywhere though. I remember a few years ago, I was having a few people over for dinner. All casual and last minute. Everyone and their brother showed up.

Then, a few months later, I had a wine tasting party. Bought invitations, mailed them out... no one at all rsvped, and only one couple even showed up.

Fuming I was.

Now, if it was my child, I think I might just blow up.

Are we going to have to include self-addressed envelopes like they do for weddings now?

ooo... I'm steaming over here.

JT said...

Oh, we just had the same thing - Kelly's first party, and the kindergarten class only has had one kid who had a party thus far, and it was only 5 people who went, and since my daughter is so shy she acts like a mute at school, I was nervous about her party. She wanted one so bad and invited the whole class. Invites went out Monday. One call, from the minister's daughter, on tues. to confirm. One Wednesday. We knew her friend would also be there. Then on thursday, they all called last minute, and 2 showed up with no calls. we had extra gift bags just in case. I was so fucking nervous nobody would show, i was almost throwing up. You know, just talk him out of the party next year and take him somewhere, edmonton or something. and those fuckers who didn't show, well, i'd rip their nuts off. fucking kids can be so cruel, and it bothers me to no end.
LOLOL, I am sorry, i love the picture story and then the whole "it was a joke" thing. My drama queen, when she's really mad, will make us a picture and then draw a big red line across it and rip it up. she's bound for broadway, that one.
i wish to hell it was the weekend.... bloody fucking hell.
i haven't commented on chunks for the past bunch of posts. she's gonna rip MY nuts off, isn't she? And, in my dysfunctional manner, i realize i haven't commented so instead of going back and trying to comment, i'm just ignoring it.... i have shades of her mother in me, i tell ya... now gimme some kahlua.

Chunks said...

Ahhh JT's denial is no comparison to my mothers'! Don't think I hadn't noticed the non-comments...thankfully, my nut-ripping mood has passed for this month. Maybe.

Tee/Tracy said...

Happy Mother's Day to you, too (belated). You didn't deserve a monster book :( That wasn't nice even if it was a typical stupid boy joke. Boys! :p

I'm with Chunks on the birthday idea for next year. Do something super cool so the kids that come will be talking about it all year and the kids that didn't will feel bad... wait, did I just say that? That's not nice. LOL.

Anyway, you're right. RSVP is there for a reason. Maybe you gotta spell it out literally like in block letters with a Sharpie, "PLEASE CALL AND SAY IF YOU CAN OR CAN NOT COME BY ____DATE___." .... oh, oh, oh! And then you know what?, After that date change the location of the party!!! Call the people who said they were coming and let them know.... ROFLMAO!!! Oh man, that's good...

By the way, I'm totally PMS today and not usually so evil :D

Anonymous said...

How freaking rude. I can't stand people who do that...
So whats you business name?
glad to hear its starting off good.

M

anabel said...

I like Tee's suggestion of the big switcharoo. Combine that with a super cool party and whamo... natural consequences becomes the great teacher!